If you are Deaf or hard of hearing and over 65, you and your friends may be eligible to recieve free interpreters for your next social activity.
Deaf Services is offering pro-bono Auslan interpreting services for groups of Deaf and hard of hearing seniors who want to participate in community social inclusion activities.
In 2018 Deaf Services is providing $125,000 of interpreting that can be used by seniors.
Social activities can include:
- Hobbies and club activities
- Sports, fitness and health related activities
- Respite groups
- Family gatherings for special occiasions, and more.
If you would like to register your interest in being part of this program, please fill out the form below and we can contact you.
Your group may be able to access an interpreter for free if you register for our program and:
- You are a group of at least four people.
- More than half of your group is over 65 years of age.
- Your job does not require a lot of travel for the interpreter(s).
For more information, please contact the team at Auslan Connections.